Macrumors has compiled an overview of what we can expect from the successor to the Macbook Air, based on the latest reports from analysts and experts.
The new computer may be named Macbook, which means that the Air supplement will retire after being in use since 2008.
Furthermore, the classic wedge shape is abolished, which means that there is room for more doors. However, there is no talk of support for HDMI or a built-in card reader.
There are many indications that we will see the same kind of miniled screen that is found in the new models of Macbook Pro and unfortunately a so-called flap is placed at the top with space for the webcam.
According to some rumors, we also get the opportunity to choose from a number of different colors, namely blue, green, pink, silver, yellow, orange and purple.
The current model of Macbook Air was launched in November 2020, but it is highly uncertain when the successor will be launched. Apple usually organizes events in March, June and September, so in the worst case it can take another 10 months.
Macbook Air may be first out with M2 processor
Next year, Macbook Air will get a completely new design, according to information we previously published. Now comes more information about the specifications for this computer, this time reported via a series of tweets from the “Apple leak” Dylandkt, which Appleinsider also written if.
Among other things, the next Macbook Air will be Apple’s first computer, or at least one of the first, to get a new M2 processor. This processor is not expected to be faster than the M1 Pro or M1 Max, but instead focus on low energy consumption.
Furthermore, it is considered “likely” that the next Macbook Air will get the new mini-lead technology, but Promotion with variable refresh rate up to 120 Hz is considered less likely.
- The next Macbook Air is expected to have a 1080p webcam.
- It is unknown at this time what he will do after leaving the post.
- Macbook Air is expected to get Magsafe.
- A 30 watt power adapter is included with the computer – which may not be enough for the same fast charge as in the new Macbook Pro.
- The computer is not expected to have an hdmi or sd card reader.
- Support for up to two external monitors – via usb-c.
- The computer is expected to come in a range of colors – see Imac as inspiration for how the Macbook Air can become.