On Monday, Apple was sentenced to pay a fine of 10 million euros (equivalent to just over 100 million kronor) by the Italian competition authority.
The background is that the company marketed the Iphone as water resistant, but without explaining that it only applies in special circumstances.
In other words, users who have accidentally spilled water or other liquids on their mobile phone have not been able to take advantage of the guarantee, reports the news agency Reuters.
According to Apple support pages you should avoid the following to prevent moisture damage:
- Swim or swim with Iphone
- Expose your Iphone to water at high pressure or high speed, such as from a shower or which may occur while surfing or water skiing, wakeboarding or jet skiing
- Use Iphone in sauna or steam room
- Intentionally immersing the Iphone in water
- Use Iphone outside the recommended temperature range or in extremely humid conditions
- Drop the Iphone or subject it to other shocks
- Disassemble the Iphone, including loosening the screws
- Avoid exposing your Iphone to soap, detergent, acid and oxygen-rich foods and liquids, such as perfume, insect repellent, lotion, sunscreen, oil, glue remover, hair dye and solvent.