Apple’s support forums, Reddit and other forums have started to be filled with reports from users whose Iphone has suddenly started to lose battery life unusually fast after the update to IOS 13.15.1.
The problem seems to be that apps that should not be waking up in the background suddenly wake up almost even. This applies, for example, to Apple’s own Music app, which in some users is awake in the background up to 20 hours a day. Other apps also appear in the reports.
macrumors reports on some things you can test that have helped some affected users:
- Forcibly quit the Music app.
- Restart your phone.
- Delete Music and reinstall the app from the App Store.
- Turn off automatic downloads for music in Settings -> Music.
- Turn off background updates for the apps being rolled into Settings -> General -> App activity in the background.
- Turn off mobile data.
- Cancel all downloads in Music.
We have also read about users who got rid of the problem by logging out of Icloud, restarting the phone and logging in again.
Check your iPhone’s power consumption in Settings -> Battery. Look especially at the use with the screen off, which should normally be quite low. Exceptions can be for example if you get directions or use a training app that constantly updates your position via the GPS.