- Sea of Thieves marks the milestone of 1 million Pirate Legends with a Legends Week celebration from April 4-11.
- The event includes a closer look at the new Legend of the Veil Voyage, a Pirate Legend login gift and Gold & Glory bonuses for everyone.
- Sea of Thieves is available for free to all players with Xbox Game Pass and for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam.
Our Pirate Legends are the best of us: tough, tenacious players who endured everything the Sea of Thieves could throw at them to reach the higher echelons of the pirate world. We are pleased to share today that we recently completed the grade of a million Pirate Legends Across the Sea of Thieves! In recognition of this milestone moment, we are hosting a week of festive shenanigans for both our current Pirate Legends and future ones.
But how do you become a pirate legend? The title is awarded to players who prove their skills and enthusiasm by reaching rank 50 with at least three Sea of Thieves trading companies. So whether you’re spending your time collecting treasure for the Gold Hoarders, mastering the art of fishing with The Hunter’s Call, or sinking other players’ ships in the service of The Reaper’s Bones, the world is your oyster. Mastery of a wide range of nautical skills is required to achieve this high honor, but the pace and path you follow will be unique to you.
Along with the Pirate Legend title comes a host of perks: The iconic ‘We Shall Sail Together’ shanty unlocks the secret entrance to the Pirate Legend Hideout, where elite legendary wares are offered alongside Voyages to build a reputation with the Legends-only Trading Company, Athena’s Fortune. Brand new exclusive content for Pirate Legend also coming soon as part of Sea of Thieves’ this season!
If you think Pirate Legend status sounds special, it’s because it does – and for us getting seven figures from Legends is something that deserves fanfare, more than just a tip of the hat for those pirates who have until now have persisted. So let’s get into what’s planned for the rest of Legends Week after today’s announcement of our million-strong milestone!
- April 5th – We’ll be serving up some piping hot stats on the Pirate Legend experience. Ever wondered how many Legends have reached Athena’s Fortune, or how many Voyages players need to complete to reach Legendary status? Dive into these key stats the official Sea of Thieves website and soT social channels.
- April 7 – Enjoy an exclusive video insight into the upcoming Legend of the Veil Voyage, a brand new replayable experience for Pirate Legends. This Voyage is set to deliver new map types and some memorable set pieces, so check Sea of Thieves on YouTube on this day to see what’s in store for our Legends a little later in season six.
- April 8 – In-game activities begin for Pirate Legends, with double gold and reputation for items turned in to the Mysterious Stranger over the weekend. As an added incentive, some treasures also boost Athena’s Fortune reputation, when they normally wouldn’t!
- April 9 – We highlight some legendary activities on the Sea of Thieves website, featuring inspiring Pirate Legend achievements in the Community Hub and our inaugural Legend Spotlight – a new type of player profile in addition to our regular Community and Creator Spotlights.
- April 10 – The festivities extend to all pirates, with a one-day Gold & Glory multiplier that boosts Gold, Reputation and Fame – plus free Athena’s Fortune Fireworks from the Merchant Alliance, and extra bonuses for all pirates generous enough to to donate treasures to other players on this day!
- 11 April – The third and final day for Pirate Legends to log in and receive a Silvered Legendary Eyepatch, available from Friday, April 8 to Monday, April 11 (10am BST). This is also the last day of a special weekend sale at the Pirate Emporium – be sure to check it out for savings on ship sets, emotes and pet outfits, some of which are only available to Legends!
Whether you’re a veteran of the Pirate Legend Hideout, a freshly minted Legend, or still on your way to sailor stardom, we hope you’ll join us in this fun-filled week-long celebration. Keep an eye on the Sea of Thieves website and social channels to stay on top of the legendary festivities as they unfold.
To conclude, we would like to thank you again. To the million (and number) of players who have made it to Pirate Legend, we want to acknowledge that achievement – thank you for spending hundreds of hours exploring our world and mastering the waves. To those of you still on your journey to Pirate Legend, whether you’re at the beginning of that journey or approaching the end – good luck and we’ll see you at sea!
Sea of Thieves
Xbox Live Gold membership required to play on Xbox One; sold separately. ========= About the game Sea of Thieves offers the essential pirate experience, from sailing and fighting to exploring and looting – everything you need to live the pirate life and become a legend in its own right. With no fixed roles, you have complete freedom to approach the world and other players however you want. Whether traveling as a group or sailing solo, you’ll no doubt encounter other crews in this shared world adventure – but will they be friends or foes, and how will you react? A Huge Open World Explore a vast open world filled with pristine islands, sunken ships and mysterious artifacts. Go on missions to search for lost treasure, hunt for cursed Skeleton Captains or collect valuable cargo for the trading companies. Go hunting and fishing or choose from hundreds of optional objectives and side missions. Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life Play the Tall Tales to experience Sea of Thieves’ unique story-driven campaigns and join forces with Captain Jack Sparrow in the latest original story that brings Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean to Sea of Thieves brings. These immersive and cinematic quests provide approximately 30 hours of the ultimate pirate adventure. Become a Legend On your journey to become a pirate legend, collect loot, build a reputation and define a unique personal style with your hard-earned rewards. Adventurer. Explorer. Conqueror. What will your legend be? A game that is always growing With five major expansions and almost a year of monthly updates, Sea of Thieves is a service-based game that is constantly growing and evolving. Check back every month to see what new content has been added.