Our team at San Diego Studio is very excited for tomorrow’s launch of MLB The Show 22. In addition to the new Features, Legends and Feature Programs fans can expect, we’re also celebrating this launch with the release of a 101 video series. , Learn The Show.
For new and returning fans alike, this series puts you in the coach’s classroom to give you the tools you need to improve your game on the diamond.
- Have you ever wondered what kind of shade you should wear?
- What about when to drive swing vs swing contact?
- What is a bullpen and why are my pitchers in it?
Every weekday in April, we’ll be sharing a new Learn The Show video in this series on our social channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagramand Youtube) to answer these questions and more, and will maintain a comprehensive library for your quick reference at www.theshow.com/learntheshow.
We’ve also been working on a lot of cool new features for all of our fans, new and old. Here are just a few of the new additions to expect at MLB The Show 22:
Road to the show and baseball player
We’ve received a lot of feedback from the community, and we’re happy to confirm that we’ve addressed some of those requests. We hope you are as excited as we are.
- You can now create multiple ball players. Take them beyond your custom Road to the Show Baseball RPG experience and customize your Ballplayers to aid your progression.
- We have increased the flexibility when it comes to casting. Total flexibility with your repertoire with our new tone selection system.
- Improved mission variety and progression opportunities through Ballplayer Programs, making it even easier for you to improve your ballplayer.
- Updated and refreshed dynamic challenges, such as driving a runner home using a power swing or driving a runner home using a normal swing. Those are just a few examples of the new challenges and new rewards.
Gameplay: Pitching, hitting and fielding
- Expanded spectrum of difficulty to help our beginning fans: amateurs and minors
- Fielding has been added to custom practice to allow you to hit double plays, steal home runs, and practice making perfect throws to any base.
- With PCI Lock, users can now select their PCI start position from 9 different points to make it easier to get the PCI where you want it.
- Perfect precision dynamic region for throwing. This affects how easily you can identify certain high or low pitches in the strike zone.
- We’ve added hundreds of new animations for fielding, shooting, and catching.
- The faces of the Franchise players are back!
- A 90 OVR player represents each MLB club in the first featured show of the year!
- Play how you want. Choose single or multiplayer modes to complete specific tasks.
- Unlock 12 of the 30 bosses by playing moments and missions.
- Get ready for another exciting season of live content:
- Play new shows on a rotating basis every few weeks to earn boss rewards.
- Add unlockable animations and audio elements to customize your Diamond Dynasty squad.
- Look for roster updates based on performances from real-life players.
- The new mode, Mini Seasons, offers more immersive ways to play against the CPU with your Diamond Dynasty squad.
- Diamond Dynasty has over 150 Legends for you to find and build a dominant team to play with the greats of all time and the stars of today.
Crossplay* and Progression**
- Invite friends and play on all platforms PlayStation, Xbox and now Nintendo Switch.
- Create your MLB The Show account at TheShow.com and link your PlayStation, Xbox and/or Nintendo Switch and you’re good to go.
- As you create your new linked account, be sure to sign up for The Scouting Report, so we can send you all the latest information on MLB The Show 22 and subscribers also get an exclusive package each month starting in April. So head over to www.theshow.com to set up your account.
- Get and use any sourced content on any platform and generation you choose***.
But that is not all. Be sure to check out how MLB The Show 22 brings new commentary and online co-op play to players around the world.
We couldn’t be more excited for the release of MLB The Show 22 on PlayStation, Xbox, and now Nintendo Switch! MLB The Show 22 launches tomorrow, April 5. Get early access starting April 1, 2022 when you pre-order the Digital Deluxe Edition or MVP Edition.
For more detailed information on MLB The Show 22, including an important update on year-over-year savings and more, read our FAQ here.
*Online multiplayer features require an Internet connection and a console-specific online multiplayer subscription.
**Cross-platform progression requires an Internet connection and for each platform you play on: 1) a copy of the MLB The Show 22 game compatible with your console (other platform versions sold separately); and 2) platform network account linked to your MLB The Show account.
***Tokens purchased on one gaming platform are not transferable to another.