In the shadow of iOS 15, Ipad OS 15, TV OS 15 and Watch OS 8, Apple has also released Homepod OS 15, ie the software for the smart speakers Homepod and Homepod Mini.
Here is the news offered this time:
• Siri can finally adjust its own volume based on the volume of the room and how loud you speak. A long-awaited news among all who have tried to whisper a command and received a loud response back.
• Support for using the Homepod Mini as an Apple TV speaker, either alone or as a stereo pair.
• Media controls appear automatically on the Iphone if you are near a Homepod Mini playing something.
• Homepod gets a special mode you can activate that lowers the strength of the base so as not to disturb the neighbors late at night.
• Siri on Homepod can now control Apple TV.
• Control Homekit gadgets with time indications, for example “turn off the lights in half an hour”.
Control the Homepod via other Homekit-compatible gadgets.
• Homekit Secure Video can now also recognize packages and send a notice.
Normally, updates of Homepod and Homepod Mini are installed automatically, but if you want to check which version is running, you can do so via the Home app on your Iphone or Ipad. There you can also turn off the automatic update if desired.