On Wednesday night, Apple sent out the sharp versions of iOS 13.6 and Ipad OS 13.6 to the public after a period of beta testing.
Among the news this time is support for digital car keys and the ability to log various symptoms in the Health app. In addition, we are of course invited to the usual collection of bug and security fixes.
These are the most important news according to the accompanying documentation:
Digital car keys
- Unlock, unlock and start your compatible car with Iphone.
- Safely remove digital keys from a lost device via Icloud.
- Share digital keys easily with Imessage.
- Profiles for different drivers so you can configure individual shared keys for full access or restricted driving.
- Power reserve ensures that you can unlock and start the car for up to five hours after the iPhone’s battery runs out.
- New category for symptoms in the Health app, including symptoms that have been logged from Cykelkoll and EKG.
- Opportunity to log new symptoms, such as fever, chills, sore throat or cough, and share them with third-party apps.
Bug fixes and other improvements
- Adds a new setting where you can choose whether updates are automatically downloaded to your device when you are connected to wifi.
- Addresses an issue that could cause apps to stop responding while syncing data from Icloud Drive.
- Resolves an issue that could make it look like data roaming was disabled on eSIM cards even though it remained active.
- Solves a problem that caused some phone calls from Saskatchewan to appear to be made from the United States.
- Addresses an issue that could interrupt the sound during phone calls over Wi-Fi calls.
- Resolves an issue that prevented some Iphone 6S and Iphone SE devices from signing up for Wi-Fi calls.
- Addresses an issue that could allow the software keyboard to appear unexpectedly while connecting to certain third-party physical keyboards.
- Resolves an issue that could allow Japanese physical keyboards to be incorrectly identified as US keyboards.
- Addresses stability issues when connecting to the Control Center when AssistiveTouch was enabled.
- Allows administrators to specify domains to be excluded from traffic with connections via Always on VPN.
As usual, it is wise to make a backup copy of the contents of your Iphone, Ipod Touch or Ipad before installing the update.