Apple continues to clean up bugs and plug security holes in its operating systems. Now it’s time to update to iOS 14.4 on both Iphone and Ipod Touch.
This time the following improvements are offered:
- Smaller QR codes can be registered by the Camera app.
- Options for classifying the Bluetooth device type in Settings for the correct identification of headphones for audio notifications.
- Notices that tell when the camera in Iphone can not be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera in Iphone 12, Iphone 12 Mini, Iphone 12 Pro and Iphone 12 Pro Max.
This version also solves the following issues:
- Image artifacts could be seen in HDR images taken with an Iphone 12 Pro.
- The fitness widget may not display updated activity data.
- Typing could be delayed and word suggestions would not appear on the keyboard.
- The keyboard may not be displayed in the correct language in Messaging.
- Enabling Control Panel in Assistive Technology could prevent phone calls from being answered from the lock screen.
To download the latest version, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update and then press Download and install. If you want to be on the safe side, make sure you make a backup first.