On Thursday, the so-called MPEG4 migration in the digital terrestrial network ended, something that has caused problems for TV viewers around the country.
The biggest change is that SVT1, SVT2, TV3, TV4 and Kanal 5 have stopped broadcasting in sd resolution, in other words it will only be hd resolution in the future. In addition to the image quality being significantly higher for the viewers, frequencies that can be used for other purposes are also released.
If you do not find your channels, do a new channel search. If nothing other than the test channel appears, you need to get a new TV set or a new digital box, this is because support for MPEG4 is required to watch the channels.
Consequently, there has been an increased demand for new TVs and digital boxes lately, something that has been noticed by retailers.
This is what the timetable for the migration looked like:
- 2021-10-05 Stage 1 – Stockholm, Uppland, Södertälje, Gävle & Norrköping / Valdemarsvik
- 2021-10-19 Stage 2 – Norrland & Västra Dalarna
- 2021-10-21 Stage 3 – Östra Dalarna, Värmland, Närke, Västmanland, Östergötland, Småland, Gotland, Öland & Skövde
- 2021-10-26 Stage 4 – Gothenburg, Trollhättan, Uddevalla, Vänersborg, Bohuslän & Dalsland
- 2021-10-28 Stage 5 – Skåne, Blekinge & Halland
If you want to know more about MPEG4 migration, we refer to Teracom’s website.