Apple on Monday night sent out the sharp version of Mac OS Big Sur 11.1 to the public after a period of beta testing.
Here is the news according to the accompanying documentation:
• Support for the new Airpods Max over-ear headphones.
• Hi-fi quality with rich sound.
• Adaptive EQ adapts the sound in real time to the personal fit of the ear cushions.
Active noise reduction eliminates ambient noise
• Transparency mode lets in ambient noise.
• Spacious sound with dynamic head tracking for a cinema-like sound experience.
The Apple TV app
• The brand new Apple TV + tab makes it easy to discover and watch Apple Original movies and programs.
• Improved search so you can browse by category by genre and also see recent searches and suggestions as you type.
• The best search results are displayed along with the most relevant matches from movies, TV shows, cast, channels and sports.
• New section with privacy information on App Store pages that contains the developer’s summary of privacy practices for the app
• Dashboard inside Arcade Games recommends new Arcade games that you can play.
Iphone and Ipad apps on Mac computers with M1
• New window options for Iphone and Ipad apps make it possible to switch between landscape and portrait orientation or expand a window to fill the entire screen.
• Apple ProRAW images can be edited in the Images app.
• The search engine Ecosia is available as an alternative in Safari.
• Available in Maps and Siri for places in Mainland China.
• Health recommendations are provided in Siri for the US, UK, Germany, India and Mexico at certain air quality levels.
• QuickTime Player could quit when opening a movie with a timecode track after updating from Mac OS Catalina.
• Bluetooth connection status was not displayed in Control Center.
• The reliability of automatically unlocking the computer with the Apple Watch.
• The scrolling speed on the trackpad could be faster than expected on MacBook Pro models.
• The LG UltraFine 5K screen was incorrectly displayed with 4K resolution on Macs with M1.
In addition, a number of security fixes are offered, but the information about these will only be released later.